Here’s an easy sweet treat to make this summer: homemade ice cream full of fresh, juicy peaches with the surprising hint of spicy speculoos cookies. Plus, there’s no need for an ice cream maker—your workhorse stand mixer will do.
- 5 medium-large ripe peaches
- 1½-2 cups of coarsely crushed speculoos cookies
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Also works with
- Remove peel and pits from peaches and slice. Pulse in a food processor until you get a coarse puree. Don’t make it too smooth, because you still want to see specks of peach in the ice cream, but you also don’t want the pieces too large, because they will sink. Set puree aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Whip on medium-high speed until you get stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in peach puree and crushed speculoos cookies. Do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into bread pans, or other containers, and cover. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or until firm, before serving.
- Enjoy this homemade ice cream sooner rather than later, as it will start to form ice crystals much sooner than store-bought ice cream.