How to subscribe
Today on the show I’m joined by legendary whitetail bow hunter Andrae D’Acquisto for a followup to our previous conversation this summer and this time we’re tackling how to hunt the whitetail rut.
- My principles for rut hunting success
- How Andrae’s 2020 season has gone so far
- How he goes about finding a buck during the last few days of October
- Why the rut can be frustrating for someone hunting a single buck
- The most important step to Andrae’s rut success
- The detail of the rut bump and dump
- Setting up on funnels during the rut and why some bucks avoid them
- How and why to set up off the edge of bedding areas
- What to do when you see a buck locked on a doe
- Overhunting or not?
- What sign is valuable during the rut
- How moon phase may or may not impact deer movement
Shop MeatEater Merch