How to subscribe
Today on the show I’m joined by Backcountry Hunters & Anglers CEO Land Tawney to discuss one of the most significant conservation and public land victories in decades – the Great American Outdoors Act – and what all this momentum means for the future of hunting, fishing, and public lands.
- What is the Great American Outdoors Act
- How significant is this?
- The importance of the Land and Water Conservation Fund for hunters/anglers/outdoors people
- The importance of funding public land maintenance
- Is this a political gambit? And does it matter if it is?
- How to make sure this becomes a reality
- What’s the MAPland Act?
- What are hunters/anglers doing well that has led to this kind of conservation win?
- What do we need to do a better job of?
- Are our public lands still suffering a “death by a thousand cuts?”
- What do we need to turn our attention to next?
Shop MeatEater Merch