This recipe comes from Episode 2 of Duck Camp Dinners featuring professional chef and hunter Jean-Paul Bourgeois. You can catch every episode of Duck Camp Dinners here.
This recipe is so simple that catching the catfish is the hardest part. Fresh Louisiana catfish are seasoned with my submarine spice blend and lacquered with homemade tomato sauce making this simple catch a delicious meal.
- 2 catfish slabs, cleaned
- Submarine blend from chef Jean-Paul X Spiceology
- SPG from Spiceology
- 2 cups homemade tomato sauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
Also works with
- On a baking tray, coat your catfish slabs with olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle the SPG blend on the top and bottom of your catfish then aggressively cover the filets with the Submarine spice blend.
- Smear tomato sauce over the top of each slab.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle lemon juice over the top.