How to subscribe
Today on the show I’m joined by outdoor writer and whitetail consultant Steve Bartylla for his take on a series of hypothetical deer hunting scenarios varying from private land habitat improvements to public land hunting tactics.
- What would Steve to a new lease if he only had two weekends in August to improve it?
- What to do if you have to share a great, but small, hunting property with a family member who hunts poorly
- What would you do if your target buck is daylight active leading up to opening day, but the first few days of the season have horrible conditions and wind?
- How to get good trailcam intel if baiting is banned in your state?
- A mid-October cold front hits and you can only hunt the next morning or the evening several day later – which do you pick?
- What to do after missing a buck
- What to do when spotting a cruising buck out of range during the rut
- How to entice a buck onto your property if he beds on the neighbors
- What would you do if you could no longer hunt in November?
- Where would you hunt on Oct 1 VS Nov 25 VS Dec 7?
Shop MeatEater Merch