This recipe comes from Episode 6 of Duck Camp Dinners featuring professional chef and hunter Jean-Paul Bourgeois. You can catch every episode of Duck Camp Dinners here.
Seafood and eggs have been combined together for centuries throughout the world's foodways. This crawfish and egg dish is as good as any, especially on the last morning at the camp when you have various trimmings of food to use up. It's filling, soulful, delicious, and most importantly gives you the fuel to push on with mid-morning tasks around the camp.
- 2 lbs. crawfish tails
- ½ lb. bacon, diced
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- ½ yellow onion, small dice
- 3 tbsp. Andouille Spice Blend from Chef Jean-Paul X Spiceology
- 1 tbsp. Spiceology SPG
- 18 eggs
- 5 slices American cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Also works with
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large cast iron skillet add diced bacon and render until crispy.
- Add butter and crawfish to the pan and sauté for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions to the crawfish and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and crack eggs into your skillet.
- Add American cheese, andouille spice blend, and SPG blend.
- Turn the heat back on and scramble eggs. Scramble mixture until it is 50% cooked. Turn off heat and scrape down the sides of your skillet.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the mixture.
- Put the skillet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes, and slice in squares.