Today we are joined by Joel Turner to discuss the mental side of archery and a proven science based methodology for controlling your archery shot process and dealing with target panic. If you’re a bowhunter, this is a must-listen.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Dan’s perspective on our Iowa #shedrally
– An update on our overall shed hunting success so far
– My North Dakota adventure plans next week
– Who Joel Turner is
– What the core problem of shooting is
– How “target panic” manifests itself in your archery
– How to take control of target panic
– The importance of words and a mantra
– Understanding a controlled shot process
– Open versus closed loop systems and why they matter
– The three decisions made during every precision shot
– Getting quick shots VS controlling your shot and avoiding rushed shots
– How to properly practice to minimize target panic
– Why blank bale practice might not be as effective as some say
– The right way to draw back and release your bow
– Advice for better handling buck fever
– How to use “combat breathing”
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To enroll in the Shot IQ online course and get the $25 off promo, CLICK HERE
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!