Today on the show we are joined by Joe Hamilton, a wildlife biologist and the founder of the Quality Deer Management Association. And we chat with him about conservation, the QDMA, hunting the south, and much more.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The latest on my Ohio hunts
– Dan’s struggles to hunt more
– My big Holyfield update
– The story of Joe Hamilton’s journey leading up to starting the QDMA
– How the Quality Deer Management Association came about
– What the early years at QDMA were like and the progress that has been made since
– Where the QDMA is headed in the future
– The scoop on Joe’s new book – Firepot Stories
– The hunter’s path and attaining the hunter’s spirit
– Why Hamilton has found so much guidance from A Sand County Almanac
– Thoughts on hunting with dogs in the South
– Southern hunting during the late season
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To pick up a copy of Firepot Stories, click here
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!