Today on the show I’m joined by the legendary DIY Michigan bowhunter John Eberhart to discuss what exactly he would do in some of the deer hunting world’s toughest scenarios.
- How John’s 2020 whitetail preparations are coming
- What would John do if he gained permission on a new property at the end of August with only one weekend to prep?
- It’s October 1 and you have to choose between a dynamite apple tree set or a lone oak, which do you choose?
- What should you do when another hunter comes crashing through your spot?
- What does John Eberhart do when a mature buck busts him?
- What to do when you discover hot sign but there’s no good tree to hang from?
- Should you move the next day after seeing a mature buck move out of range?
- What would John do on the very first day of a 5 day public land rut hunt on a brand new property he’s never seen?
- Would John call to a buck that’s just out of range in Michigan?
- How has John’s trail camera philosophy evolved?
- How has the increased know-how of the average hunter impacted John’s success and tactics?
- John’s top day to hunt and #1 stand location
Connect with Mark Kenyon and MeatEater
Mark Kenyon on Instagram , Twitter , and Facebook
MeatEater on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube
Shop MeatEater Merch