How to subscribe
Today on the show I’m joined by Field & Stream editor-at-large and and author Bill Heavey for a rambling exploration of the relevance of hunting, fishing, and foraging in the year 2020 and beyond.
- What Bill’s been doing outside during the COVID-19 lockdown
- Has hunting and fishing become more or less important given the current health crisis?
- What Bill still wants to do outdoors before the pandemic or anything else gets to him
- What to make of the renewed urgency to eat/live closer to the land
- How Bill’s personal journey to get more of his food from hunting/fishing/forgaging has evolved over the years
- Tips for foraging for wild edibles
- Eating goose eggs
- The relevance of hunting in the future
- Introducing kids to the outdoors
Shop MeatEater Merch