BACK 40 GUIDED HUNT SWEEPSTAKES
The Back 40 Sweepstakes offered by MeatEater, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is open to legal residents of the continental U.S. (lower 48 states) plus Alaska, age 21 or older, who are eligible to hunt in Michigan. Enter between September 16, 2019 and December 20, 2019. Prize is a 4-day, 3-night guided hunt for one (1) winner on the Back 40 , a propery near Lansing, Michigan, including travel and 5 nights’ accommodation. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $4,800. Tax reporting required. Guided Hunt will take place between November 15 and 24, 2020.
1) NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2) Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open to persons who are legal residents of the continental United States (lower 48 states), plus Alaska, age 21 or older, who are eligible to hunt in Michigan as of the date of entry (address, driver’s license number, birthdate, and phone number required for hunting license). Employees of Sponsor, onX (see www.onxmaps.com) or their related companies or agents, and their immediate family members (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, grandchild, in-laws or guardians, and a spouse, partner or companion of any of them), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household (whether related or not), are not eligible.
3) Entry Period. The Entry Period for the Sweepstakes opens September 16, 2019, at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and closes December 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. MT (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
4) To Enter. Persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and accepted these Official Rules may go to Sponsor’s webpage at Themeateater.com/winahunt to enter during the Entry Period. Click on the Back 40 Guided Hunt Sweepstakes pop-up and enter your full name and email address. You will receive an email confirmation of your Sweepstakes entry sent to the email address you provided, within 24 hours. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person, with exception of one (1) possible additional Bonus entry per person (see below). By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to and accepts these Official Rules.
5) Bonus Entry. During the Entry Period, (1) Bonus entry may be obtained by each entrant through either Option A. or Option B.
Option A. Subscribers to the onX hunt app, see https://www.onxmaps.com/pricing, automatically receive one (1) Bonus entry if the entrant’s Sweepstakes entry includes the email address used for subscription to the onX app. Your email confirmation of your Sweepstakes entry will include confirmation of your Bonus entry under Option A, if applicable. If you are not currently a subscriber to the onX app, subscribe before you submit your Sweepstakes entry to earn the Bonus entry. OnX terms and conditions apply, including subscription fees.
Option B. Alternate Bonus Entry with No Purchase Necessary. For a Bonus entry with no payment of a subscription fee, after you submit your Sweepstakes entry as described in Section 4. Click through to subscribe by email to The MeatEater Newsletter – with the week’s best hunting, fishing, wild foods, and conservation content, for free, for a Bonus entry. You will receive an email confirmation of your Bonus entry sent to the email address you provided, within 24 hours.
6) Ineligible Entries. If Sponsor receives more than one (1) Sweepstakes entry plus one (1) Bonus entry as permitted, for any entrant, including under variations of name or email address, Sponsor reserves the right to void all such entries. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or scrambled entries. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be accepted. Entries by any automated process or bot, or by any third party, or web site or online service, including without limitation commercial promotion subscription notification or entering services, are ineligible and shall be void.
7) Selection of Winner. A random drawing will be conducted on or about January 3, 2020 from all eligible entries received by the close of the Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. By participating, entrants agree that the decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes and release Sponsor from all liability concerning the Sweepstakes. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
9) Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize for one (1) winner includes:
- 4-day, 3-night Guided Hunt for one (1) winner with Steve Rinella and Mark Kenyon on the Back 40 property owned by Sponsor near Lansing, Michigan.
- Guided Hunt must take place between November 15 and 24, 2020. Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the preferred dates within that period as may be requested by winner, but dates of hunt are in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Round trip coach class airfare for one (1) winner from the nearest major airport to winner’s home, to the nearest major airport near Lansing, Michigan, each as designated by Sponsor. Actual travel dates, times and airlines based upon availability as determined by Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute ground transportation for air travel if winner lives within 100 miles of Lansing, Michigan.
- Ground transportation between airport and the Back 40 or accommodations, as determined by Sponsor.
- Three (3) nights in a standard room in hotel of Sponsor’s choice in proximity to the Back 40.
- Meals between landing at nearest airport near Lansing, Michigan, and departing from same airport, will be provided by Sponsor or as determined by Sponsor.
- All gear for Guided Hunt (appropriate for weather)to be supplied by Sponsor as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner may take home First Lite Whitetail Gear as determined by Sponsor.
- Hunting license/required tags to be obtained by Sponsor at its expense, using information provided by winner (address, driver’s license number, birthdate and phone number required for hunting license). Sponsor is not responsible for state decisions concerning hunting license.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $4,800. Actual retail value may vary depending upon point of departure, dates, changes or fare fluctuations, weather, etc. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route in its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tax reporting required. Any item or expense incurred in connection with travel, which is not specified above, is the responsibility of the winner, including without limitation tips, fees, souvenirs, ground transportation between home and airport, meals not provided by Sponsor, telephone calls, medical expenses, and other personal expenses. Grand Prize trip and its components may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except as expressly permitted in these Rules; provided, that Sponsor may substitute prize or any component of equal or greater value due to prize availability. In the event winner is unable to accept prize for any reason, and notifies Sponsor prior to August 1, 2020, a new winner will be selected following the procedures outlined above.
10) Prize Restrictions. The following conditions apply to the Grand Prize trip:
- Travel arrangements must be booked through Sponsor-designated travel agency.
- Sponsor is not responsible for travel delays, difficulty or risks. If travel delays or difficulty interfere in any manner with any component of trip, Sponsor is not responsible for any loss of prize or harm due to such interference, and no compensation is due.
- Any changes to travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of winner, if permitted in Sponsor’s discretion.
- Trip and trip components may not be sold, traded, transferred, separated, rescheduled or refunded.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged or stolen luggage.
- Winner is responsible for obtaining (and traveling with) valid identification and any other required documents (e.g., Photo ID, Credit Card).
- Winner will maintain behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any prize activity. Winner understands and agrees that if winner is removed from any activity at any time for disruptive behavior or behavior that may or does cause damage to any person or property or the reputation of Sponsor or another, or otherwise violates any policies or practices of any location, business or Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, winner may be required to forfeit all or the rest of the prize, with no substitution or compensation.
11) Winner Notification and Verification. Sponsor will contact the potential winner at the email address provided with entry to assess eligibility. Within fifteen (15) days of contact by Sponsor, potential winner will be required to (i) sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, Film Release, Liability Release and/or Publicity Release; (ii) confirm dates for the Guided Hunt between November 15 and 24, 2020; and (iii) confirm eligibility to hunt in Michigan by providing address, driver’s license number, birthdate and phone number as required for hunting license. Failure of eligibility or to meet any requirement may result in prize forfeiture, and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
12) Release and Other Conditions. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that Sponsor and onX and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and successors (i) will have no liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of the prize and will be held harmless against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize; and (ii) may use winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, voice, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true),for publication, advertising and promotional purposes in any media, without additional consideration, where lawful.
13) Administration of Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer or human error or interference which compromises the administration or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All decisions of Sponsor are final.
14) Winner’s Name. Winner’s name will be posted on Sponsor’s website by June 30, 2020. For winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to MeatEater, Inc., Attn: Back 40 Guided Hunt Sweepstakes, 1203 N Rouse, Suite 3B, Bozeman, MT 59715, by December 31, 2020. Winner’s name also will be posted on Sponsor’s website at www.themeateater.com and on Sponsor’s social media channels.
15) Sweepstakes sponsored by MeatEater, Inc., 1203 N Rouse, Suite 3B, Bozeman, MT 59715.