-Related Links and Show Notes-
Recipe: Midwest Mom Chili- The straight dope from Steven Rinella’s mom
- Brown ground meat with onions and garlic
- Add: Tomatoes (I used to puree tomatoes as young kids did not like seeds)
- I also added tomato sauce
- Let this simmer for awhile (No specific amount of time for simmering)
- Add water to arrive at desired consistency.
- Add chili beans (they come mild or spicey, and I used a combination)
- Add salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
- At times, I just put chili powder on the table to be used by those needing a little more heat.
- I did not list amounts of each ingredient because you can make this for a few hungry eaters or double or triple for more.
For a family of 5 (three young kids), I believe a one-to-one and one-half pounds of meat would work fine. Might have some leftovers but they are often better.