This Chili Heart Taco recipe was featured in our Hearts of Darkness Cooking Special. Enjoy!
For the Chili:
1 heart from any hooved animal
ground red chili
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Trim the tallow off the heart.
2. Core the heart.
3. Dice the heart into 3/4 inch cubes.
4. Heat oil in a pot at medium heat
5. Chop the onion and garlic, then add to the pot.
6. Add heart cubes
7. Add the chili, smoked paprika, cumin, black pepper and salt.
11. Cook slowly in its liquid for several hours.
12. Add the chili to the tortillas and top with fixin’s of your choice.