This Grilled Whole Fish Recipe was featured in Cold Water: Alaskan Seafood Cooking Special. Enjoy!
1 1.5 lb whole fish, gutted and scaled
- Cut gashes in sides of fish—about a half-inch deep—to cook evenly.
- Rub with salt and pepper inside and outside of the fish.
- Stuff with orange slices and herbs (thyme used here).
- Brush with oil.
- Grill on each side until you can lift the fish off the grill without its sides sticking to the grates.
- The fish is done when the flesh can easily be pulled away from the spine and ribs.
Find more seafood recipes from this episode below: