This Fried Clams Recipe was featured in Cold Water: Alaskan Seafood Cooking Special. Enjoy!
1-2 lbs clams
fine ground corn meal
peanut oil for the fryer
fryer with a basket
- Make a dry batter of equal parts flour and cornmeal, then add some paprika & cayenne.
- Dip the clams into a bowl of whipping cream.
- Dredge clams in the dry batter.
- Throw into fryer basket until bubbling drops off considerably and batter is a golden brown
- Place onto paper towels to soak up extra oil
- Serve with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce