Note: This recipe is not exclusive to turkey and can be applied to any large game bird.
This recipe is simple and takes camp turkey into a new stratosphere.
Here’s what you need:
- Fresh Turkey breast cut right from the bird
- 1 Lemon
- Bread Crumbs (Panko style bread crumbs are best)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 feet of plastic wrap or tin foil
- Sandwich your turkey breast out between 2 layers of plastic wrap (or tin foil)
- Use a rock, hammer, or any heavy, solid object to pound the breast thin
- Salt the Turkey breast and coat it in bread crumbs—cover it good
- Get some oil nice and hot, maybe a quarter inch covering your pan
- Fry your schnitzel till golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through
- Slice your lemon and squeeze it on the schnitzel
- Eat it with your hands
We haven’t tried it, but this would probably make a hell of a sandwich…